We had dinner and exchanged gifts with Adrian's parents on Christmas Eve. It was the first time I had seen their new house in Magnolia. It is magnificent on 3 acres (I think) that sits on a private lake. I can't wait to see Emily running amuck out there with her cousins - it is the perfect place for grandkids to play. We reminisced about how we had to fly 11 hours last Christmas (to Argentina) to see them and now they were just a 30-minute drive away. We are happy to have them close again.
Christmas Day we spent at my brother’s house. We had a wonderful lunch prepared by Heidi and got to break in their china dishes (first time they have been used in the 2 years they have been married). My Grandma Van Bergen came to Houston for a few weeks from Florida to celebrate Christmas with us. It was nice to see her. She is excited to almost be a Great Grandma, but also finds it hard to believe that she will soon be the “mother of a grandpa”.

I have to point out the shirt I am wearing in the picture – It says “what’s kickin?” and has two little pink foot prints. My best friend sent it to me for Christmas. It is so cute – I had to give props to Melody – THANKS MEL!!!
Today I am 31 weeks pregnant – just 9 more weeks (or so to go). I go to the doctor every other week now. And the week before Christmas, Adrian and I completed our Childbirth Education class. We registered for baby items a few weeks ago. If you are interested, we are registered at Babies “R” Us and Walmart.
That is all for now. We wish you all a safe and Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Erin and Adrian -
So glad you had a nice Christmas. (I didn't send out cards either!) You both must be so busy getting ready for Emily's arrival. She will be here before you know it. I can imagine how excited your parents must all be . . . grandchildren are the best! We love checking your blog to see how you're doing. Looking forward to seeing lots of baby pictures on it come March. Take care and make sure someone lets us know when Emily is born!
Kathy & Bob Logan
Post a Comment