Today I am 33 weeks pregnant... about 83% done! I had a check up today with the doctor and everything is going well. My belly/uterus is measuring at about 35 or 36 weeks, so in 2 more weeks we are having an ultrasound done to get an estimated weight. Although I am showing no signs of getting ready to deliver, my doctor is predicting she will be here at around 38 weeks (somewhere around the third week in February). Emily arriving a few weeks early would suit us just fine. We are very anxious to meet her and I am starting to get uncomfortable and having a little trouble sleeping. I know it will get worse from here on out, so I am trying to keep a positive attitude.
We are almost done with the nursery. After a botched attempt to use a stick on wall border, we enlisted the help of Amy (one of my mom's coworkers) and her husband to install chair railing. It looks great. And they had it up, caulked and painted in less than 2 hours! Adrian's sister is bringing us her crib and changing table all the way from Baton Rouge. So once that is set up, we'll be done (and I will post pictures). I have been washing baby clothes that friends and family have sent our way. My mom actually has quite a few items that were mine and even a few sweaters that were hers! I even bought a few PJ sets, diapers and wipes, just in case. So at least if she comes early, she has something to sleep in and clean diapers!
My loving Aunt Melinda is throwing us a baby shower January 24th! We can't wait to see all the tiny little clothes and necessities that our friends and family will shower Emily with. There are also rumblings that my office is trying to pull one together as well.
We hope you are all happy and healthy. Drop us a line anytime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment