Last Tuesday was Emily's first night away from home! She had a slumber party with my parents and everyone did great! Adrian and I enjoyed dinner out, a St. Patty's day drink, and then a whole 10 hours of sleep. It was a dream come true! We were very thankful for our alone time and that Emily and the grandparents all survived. I missed her like crazy and fought every urge to call every hour. It was weird for us when we got home and didn't hear the hum of the monitor or Emily "talking" in her sleep. We all did well and had a good time.
My best friend Melody came to Houston Friday morning to spend the weekend. Emily enjoyed meeting her Aunt Mel! My mom watched her Friday night so Adrian, Mel and I could enjoy some fine Thai cuisine. I loved having another mom here and was thankful again for the extra hands and help. Unfortunately, Melody's husband (Aaron) had an emergency visit to the ER about midnight on Sunday and she had to leave to drive back to Dallas at midnight. I am happy to report he is fine after battling a kidney stone.
We have scheduled Emily's dedication at our church for May 17th - it is the Sunday after Mother's Day. My grandma will be flying in from Florida for the event and to meet her first great grandbaby for the first time!
Well I must go, before the she wakes. Hope this finds you all healthy and happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment