Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Emily update!!!

Well it is hard to believe that Emily has been here for 2 weeks and 2 days! She is (of course) the light of our lives. I apologize for not blogging sooner. But as I am sure you all can imagine... our days and nights blend together. We have great nights and fussy nights that turn into morning way too soon. As I type, she is resting in her swing, cooing. She can't decide if she is going to take a nap or not, but she is content, so I took this moment to hop on the computer and post some pictures. She has started smiling (mostly in her sleep) and Monday morning I saw her laugh out loud. It melts my heart. She is gaining weight, I can tell in my sore arms. And yesterday and today she has had a voracious appetite. All good signs that she is thriving. Hopefully she will decide to take a long nap so I can get back to work on the growing pile of thank you notes that I need to write. The gifts and cards keep coming in and we can't thank you all enough for your generosity and well wishes. Hope this note finds you all well and happy! Keep in touch!

1 comment:

Melody Boatwright said...

So cute! Can't wait to hold her. I can tell she is super excited to meet Aunt Mel.