It has been quite a while since I last blogged... where do I begin? Emily had her baby dedication on May 17th. My Grandma came in from Florida and so did Adrian's sister and daughters (from Baton Rouge). Emily was the fifth generation in my family to be a part of Memorial Drive Christian Church. So that was special for us all. Here is a link to the pictures from the event (they are on Shutterfly): share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AatmrFq4cs2L0g
Other old, but big news - I was laid off one week after I returned from maternity leave (on May 15th). Business had been slow and I wasn't surprised, but had hoped it wouldn't happen. I think it was a blessing in disguise from God because I've decided to change careers and become a teacher. After much prayer and thought, I think it is the best thing for our family. I am enrolled in the Texas Alternative Teacher program and after passing the state test at the end of June and taking some classroom management classes, I will be almost there! I hope to teach high school English in the fall - if all goes accordingly.
Emily continues to grow like a little weed. I swear she grows inches over night. She laughs and smiles, coos and hollers, holds her head up and sits up assisted. Lots of times she slides to the side, so we have to put a pillow next to her. Two more weeks and she will start cereal! Adrian and I took her to the pool for the first time today. She had a blast, just kicking her legs like crazy! I think she will be an Olympic swimmer! Here are some pics. Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Other old, but big news - I was laid off one week after I returned from maternity leave (on May 15th). Business had been slow and I wasn't surprised, but had hoped it wouldn't happen. I think it was a blessing in disguise from God because I've decided to change careers and become a teacher. After much prayer and thought, I think it is the best thing for our family. I am enrolled in the Texas Alternative Teacher program and after passing the state test at the end of June and taking some classroom management classes, I will be almost there! I hope to teach high school English in the fall - if all goes accordingly.
Emily continues to grow like a little weed. I swear she grows inches over night. She laughs and smiles, coos and hollers, holds her head up and sits up assisted. Lots of times she slides to the side, so we have to put a pillow next to her. Two more weeks and she will start cereal! Adrian and I took her to the pool for the first time today. She had a blast, just kicking her legs like crazy! I think she will be an Olympic swimmer! Here are some pics. Hope everyone is having a great summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment