Thursday, April 30, 2009

Our weekend get-a-way

This past weekend Adrian and I left Emily with my parents to stay the weekend in Kemah. Adrian was a groomsman in our friends' wedding (Ed & Kelly). So we had to be there Friday night for the rehearsal and Saturday for the wedding. We decided to just stay for the weekend. I was sad Friday night and missed Emily like crazy. I was really glad that we had decided to leave her in Houston because Friday night we got stuck in the middle of a flash flood! It was crazy! It poured for hours and the streets flooded in minutes! At one point we were 0.3 miles from our hotel and stuck in a CVS parking lot. Cars were stalled everywhere and the water was so high it came in the door of my SUV! But we survived and so did the car. We had a great time with our friends and the wedding was wonderful. They chartered a yacht and had the ceremony and reception on the water. It was so cool. Emily did great with my parents and I know they were sad when we came to get her, but probably got to catch up on some sleep!

On a separate note, Emily went Monday for her 2 month check up and got her first round of shots. She is now 10 lbs 11 oz (50% percentile) and 23.25 inches (75% percentile). The peditirician said she has hit all her milestones and is incredibly strong for her age! That's our girl!! I was so stressed for weeks about getting her shots, I thought it would be so heartbreaking. And I was afraid she'd get sick. But it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. She cried when she got the 3 shots (ouch!) but after I picked her up she was better. And aside from a little bit of fussing that night, she was perfect!

No comments: