Okay, well it is now February 18 of '09 and the McNemar family has had a new addition for about 2 days. Emily Lynn was born 4:47 pm the night of the 16th. She weighed in at a whole 6 pounds and 7 ounces, and was 18.25 inches long. Erin is doing fine after her C-section, but is still in some pain. She has some pretty gnarly staples in her abdomen, which are to be removed sometime tommorrow. At the moment Mommy is feeding Emily, so Daddy is blogging in her stead. Both of us are tired and can't wait to get home to our other child...that'd be Beau the dog! That was my blogging, now I'm just going to dictate for Erin.
It all started at four o'clock Monday morning with my water breaking (more like a trickle). After I roused the sleepy daddy, we headed to the hospital and got checked in. I was disappointed to hear that we were only one and a half cm. dialated, so they started a pitocin drip. After six hours on pitocin and an epidural we were still only one and a half cm. dialated. Five hours after that (about 4 pm) we had still made no progress and and were still only one and a half cm. dialated. At that point my doctor told us that it wasn't going to happen and we needed to have a c-section. 47 minutes later, Emily was born. Emily and I are working diligently to get this breastfeeding thing down, and I think we make a good team. I hope to go home tommorrow (Thursday). We will post an updated blog in a few days. Thank you all for all of your well wishes.
2 comments:
YEAH! Congrats guys! Little Emily is BEAUTIFUL! No baby here yet! I will let you know when he/she arrives!
She's perfect! Amnd Matt says Adrian is an ideal husband.
Post a Comment