Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Patience is a virtue!

This past Monday we hit the 9 month mark! We are officially in the home stretch at 36 weeks! I feel bigger than ever and grow more and more uncomfortable and tired each day. Getting a good night’s sleep has been impossible the last couple of weeks. I guess my body is getting me ready for when Emily is here. This week I am praying for patience and a positive attitude. Because as the time grows near, I am more and more excited and impatient about Emily being here. And as she gets bigger and bigger, it is harder to get comfortable and maintain everyday activities and a normal energy level. But above all, I am happy that she is almost here. Adrian and I talk about what she might look like, how she might act, whose demeanor she might take on… We can’t wait to meet this little girl that we love so much already.

Last Saturday we had our second baby shower, hosted by the ladies of our church family. We got so many cute outfits, blankets, shoes, socks, wall décor... I can’t even begin to list it all. This little baby is going to be the best dressed girl in Texas! Her dresser is packed to the gills and her closet is almost full! We still have one more baby shower (hosted by my office) on Feb 13th. I have asked them to please just bring diapers or gifts cards!

We went to the doctor on Monday too, but I don’t have anything to report because the doctor didn’t do an exam. We go each Monday morning now, so maybe next Monday I will have a progress report to post.

No comments: