Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First Doctor Visit - 7 Weeks


Yesterday Adrian and I went to our first OBGYN visit to get a glimpse of our tiny baby. We thought I was about 8 weeks along, but it turns out I am 7 weeks. Our due date is March 2, 2009. In the ultrasound, you can see a head (left hand side) and that is about it. The baby is about the size of a blueberry right now and measures about half an inch. We could see the heart beat on the ultrasound, it looked like a flashing light on the screen. We couldn't believe that something so small already had a strong heartbeat. It sounds cliche, but it truly is the miracle of life. The ultrasound also confirmed that there is only one baby. We are both thrilled and very excited. I have had occasional morning sickness and crazy heartburn. But nothing too terrible. It will all be worth it!!

No comments: