Well, I think it is safe to say that we are fully recovered from Hurricane Ike. We are back to normal, as is most of Houston, I think. I was out of work for 2 weeks, our building had no power. And Adrian worked at different Red Robins throughout Houston for about 2 weeks. But his store is back in working order and I am still playing "catch up" from my time out. We are very thankful and blessed that we had no damage (that we can tell) from the storm.
I spent last weekend in Dallas visiting my best friends, Melody and Stacy (Mel was my matron of honor and Stacy was one of my bridesmaids). I had to be there Friday for a client meeting and stayed the weekend to hang out with them. It most likely will be the last time I see them until after the baby is born. My doctor has asked that I not travel outside of Houston after Thanksgiving, even by car. Just in case the little girl or guy decides to come early. We enjoyed the nice weather with Conner (Melody's son) at the park and went out for ice cream. I stayed Saturday with Stacy and we went out for pizza and watched movies. A change from our usual bar escapades - since I am with child!
This week I am 19 weeks pregnant, one more week and we are half way there! I have started to feel the baby move almost on a daily basis. It is more of a fluttering feeling, no jabs just yet. I think he/she is on a little bit of a schedule because I usually feel a flurry of movement around 3pm. It is such a cool feeling and it makes me smile no matter what I am doing at the time. I have had to pretty much switch to maternity pants now. None of my old pants even zip anymore. But I still don’t have what I would call a “baby bump”. It just looks like I have gained a lot of weight. Last check up I had lost a pound! We go on October 20th for our next ultrasound and to find out if it is a boy or a girl. We can't wait! It is so hard having to wait! But it will be worth it. We can’t wait to tell everyone! We are too impatient to have it be a surprise.
We found out yesterday that Adrian’s parents are about the move back from Argentina to the US. They have started the transition and should be back in Houston for good by November 1st. We are very excited. They moved to Argentina not long after we started dating so we haven’t had a lot of time with them. So we are looking forward to having them here – especially to see their 3rd grandbaby into the world!
Lastly, I would like to ask for your prayers for my Aunt Melinda and her family. My Uncle’s father (Bill Wolfram) passed away Sunday. I have known him my whole life and we shared many family gatherings with Bill and Mary Wolfram. I have always called him Grandpa Wolfram, as he has always been a grandfather figure to me and my brother. God Bless him!
Well, I didn’t mean to end on a sad note! I will post again soon, hopefully with the happy news - BOY or GIRL???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Definitely a boy!
Post a Comment